#Sustainable Australia | #Sustainable Prosperity
A sustainable population can endure indefinitely. It is decided by the carrying capacity of the land on which it lives. It involves numbers, behaviours and technology.
For humans, sustainability is the potential for long-term maintenance of well-being, which has ecological, economic, political and cultural dimensions. Sustainability requires the reconciliation of environmental, social equity and economic demands.
The Sustainable Population Party is an independent and grassroots community movement advocating for a sustainable Australia. We are not affiliated with any other political or non-political organisation, locally or globally.
Our community party has a major focus on the issue that affects everything
- population. Under tri-partisan Liberal / Labor / Greens policies, Australia's population is currently growing by over 1000 people per day. That adds up to over one million people every three years - the size of Adelaide! It's no wonder Australia's quality of life is being degraded
From a population of 23 million today, we are on target for 40 million by 2050 - and rising! SPP says let's slow down and aim to stabilise at around 26 million by 2050.
Responsible custodianship of Australia is our primary and overwhelming moral responsibility. A stable and sustainable population will help create a better quality of life for all Australians, present and future, and provide a positive example for the rest of the world.
Population growth is now the underlying issue linked to all of Australia's major problems.
6 reasons to stabilise Australia's population:
- Relieve overstretched infrastructure including hospitals, schools, roads and public transport
- Ease cost of living pressures including housing, energy, water and transport
- Protect our environment including food, water & energy resources, native bushland and animal habitats
- Promote education and training to increase job opportunities for all Australians
- Minimise overdevelopment including high-rise and sprawl
- Create a more resilient economy to sustain and enhance prosperity
Population is not a single issue, it is the everything issue.
confirms that over 70 percent of Australians reject the Liberal / National / Labor / Greens 'big Australia' policy outcome of around 40m (and rapidly rising) by 2050 . Yet until now we've had no choice. Powerful business lobby groups are pushing for this rapid population (customer) growth. But our community party echoes the voice of the people.
We are currently developing a broader range of policies to support our vision for a sustainable Australia.
Subscribe to our eNewsletter and/or join our community party today (see gold buttons).
It's time to think Better, Not Bigger
: Read More
DONATIONS: Please donate to our community party: CLICK HERE